- Register now - 2014 Satellite Soil Moisture Validation & Application Workshop in Amsterdam
- CCI Soil Moisture team meets for the seventh progress meeting and annual review on 12th and 13th December 2013
- ENSO dominates multi-decadal dynamics in terrestrial evaporation
- BAMS 2012 State of the Climate Report released with contributions from CCI Soil Moisture scientists
- The ECV soil moisture data set celebrates one year of users
This global ECV soil moisture data set has been generated using active and passive microwave spaceborne instruments and covers the 32 year period from 1978 to 2010. The active data set was generated by the Vienna University of Vienna (TU Wien) based on observations from the C-band scatterometers on board of ERS-1, ERS-2 and METOP-A. The passive data set was generated by the VU University Amsterdam in collaboration with NASA based on passive microwave observations from Nimbus 7 SMMR, DMSP SSM/I, TRMM TMI and Aqua AMSR-E.
The merged product is freely available after completion of a simple registration. User Registration can be found here.